We just ought to know… 😊 🧠
Check out these few facts that can help make us all more aware of just how prevalent brain injury is in the U.S.
Here are a few statistics I find very interesting regarding brain injury:
1) A TBI is a blow or jolt to the head or a penetrating head injury that disrupts the function of the brain.
2) Falls are the leading causes of TBI in America.
3) Men are twice as likely to sustain a TBI than women.
4) 90 % percent of concussions do not involve loss of consciousness.
5) Each year, about 2.8 million people are treated for TBI in a United States ER.
6) A concussion is a mild brain injury. The consequences of multiple concussions can be far more dangerous than those of a first time TBI.
7) The area most often injured are the frontal lobes that control thinking and emotional regulation.
View original post 113 more words